Solved! Toshiba BIOS Beeping

me13245

Distinguished
Dec 13, 2008
Hey guys,

I have a Toshiba Tecra S1 laptop made in 2004, I installed Ubuntu on it about 3 months back and it had bin working fine. today, I set the laptop down, and i got wierd lines across the screen about 1/4 the way from the top, then more lines showed up running up the sceen, everything was frozen so I force reboted the laptop. When I tried to turn it on I got beeping which I now know is the BIOS. the bees go, 1 short pause 1 long (pause three short pause 2 short one long) then what is in brackets just repeats over and over untill i force shut down. Its an old computer and repairs would shurly cost money I can't spend. Any ideas will be helpfull, Thanks

also, I put different RAM in it from another Toshiba laptop and no luck, even with both ram, differnt slots and anything I could think of.

Cam

Solution
Unfortunately it seems there's either an issue with your laptop motherboard, or graphics card. In both cases you have to pay for expensive replacements. My best suggestion would be to start saving for a laptop.

r_manic

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2009
Unfortunately it seems there's either an issue with your laptop motherboard, or graphics card. In both cases you have to pay for expensive replacements. My best suggestion would be to start saving for a laptop.

Solution