Toshiba c655d keep some sleeping

btc053013

Prominent
Jan 16, 2018
I am having a issue where my toshiba satellite c655d laptop keeps going to sleep. That battery is bad (it has since I got it but always leave plugged in) and never done this till last night. I don’t have any thing plugged in but the ac power. What could be causing this? I want to say it’s the battery but what do you guys think? Also has windows 10 and 5 gigs of ram

I'm guessing the faulty battery might be causing it to sleep. You can disable the auto-sleep feature on low battery in the Windows Power Options (in Control Panel).

You're not accidentally hitting a hotkey that puts the laptop to sleep by any chance, are you?

btc053013

Prominent
Jan 16, 2018
No I’m not hitting anything that causes it to sleep. It boots up Windows I type in my password and start whatever program I need start using the program and the screen goes black then lights back up then goes black and goes to sleep

btc053013

Prominent
Jan 16, 2018
It no longer has this sleeping issue I turned it off in the power options. The battery being out and just using power adapter didn’t work either I that was the first thing I tried.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
C Laptop Tech Support 3
H Laptop Tech Support 1
H Laptop Tech Support 2
B Laptop Tech Support 2
S Laptop Tech Support 1
K Laptop Tech Support 1
R Laptop Tech Support 1
S Laptop Tech Support 2
J Laptop Tech Support 1
T Laptop Tech Support 1
M Laptop Tech Support 1