TOSHIBA Function Key not all working

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jan_41

Commendable
Nov 1, 2016
Function keys in my Toshiba Satellite P55W-C5204 are not working, after I made a factory reset (but without deleting my files) Before that I could use all of them, combined with FN. Now, the keyboard does not lighten up, when I press FN+Z, or I cannot mute my laptop by pressing F11 etc. After the reset I got a file with names of all deleted applications. One of them is probably the one that causes all the trouble. It's TOSHIBA Function Key versin 1.1.16.6401. The newest version I found on Toshiba support pages is 1.1.15. Is there any way I could get those functions back? I cannot find ver. 1.1.16... anywhere. Help me, please :(

Apr 12, 2018

I'll be darned if this didn't re-activate my FN keys. I no longer have to press FN before I use them. I must have turned this off somehow, possibly when I wiped down my keyboard as well. Note to self: TURN LAPTOP OFF before wiping down the keyboard...LOL!

Apr 12, 2018
Press Shift Key 5xs! I'll be darned if this didn't re-activate my FN keys. I no longer have to press FN before I use them. I must have turned this off somehow, possibly when I wiped down my keyboard as well. Note to self: TURN LAPTOP OFF before wiping down the keyboard...LOL!

Jun 19, 2018
I have a Toshiba Laptop and with Ubuntu installed.
I have suffered same problem with brightness for a while.

Inspired by some answers in this post, I went to Menu>Administration>DriverManager and I got a list of 3 drivers.
I selected one proposed and select Install.

It works very well.
To increase or decrease brightness I have to select the Power icon in the Control tab and you will find the Brightness control.

However I tried the Fn+Brightness-+ and doesn't work that way!

Status
Not open for further replies.