Toshiba Intros Printer That Erases Paper Documents

Status
Not open for further replies.

A Bad Day

Distinguished
Nov 25, 2011
Management:

We denied your request for new high tech so called eco friendly printers. Go with the cheapest one, we don't care how much maintenance it requires and how most toxic fumes it emits into our office.

A Bad Day

Distinguished
Nov 25, 2011
[citation][nom]memadmax[/nom]It's cool and all, but with the price of paper it would take decades for it to pay itself off ^.^[/citation]

It's a high volume printer. You have no idea how much paper it goes through in a typical office day.

alextheblue

Distinguished
Apr 3, 2001
Oh blast it, I need to remember to refresh old tabs before I post. Radio_Active sure as heck beat me to it.

Anyway, why is it that sometimes when I post, even when I immediately head over to the forums to edit my post (and add something like the above comment), sometimes the option is simply not present? I just checked and this was only moments after posting, too.

A Bad Day

Distinguished
Nov 25, 2011
[citation][nom]bak0n[/nom]And the printer driver corrupts half way through the erase job.[/citation]

Actually, it's not going to be compatible with Windows 9...

alidan

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2009
i could definitely see this being useful for a big corporation and documents they need to give everyone but everyone doesn't need to keep.

it may be possible to pay this thing off in a year.

doive1231

Distinguished
Jul 17, 2007
Unless the reprinted paper is in immaculate condition, it won't be as useful. Reprinted paper is always curled etc which you couldn't send.

scythe944

Distinguished
Apr 21, 2010
Yep, special printer, special toner, just need to hire a special team of people that walk around the office pulling pages out the trash, flattening them back out with an iron so they can feed it back through the printer and pull out all of the paper jams. Very green and cost effective!

/sarcasm

Status
Not open for further replies.