Toshiba L305d problem.

Mar 6, 2015
Toshiba L305 not showing nothing on display. Power is working but the only activity that i hear is fans and dvd-drive. i tried the easy fix with the power drain holding the on/off key with any source of power but with no result. I tried connecting a external monitor but no result. The HDD shows no signs of life also. Tried a ram rearangement with no succes.

Please help.

Louise Porkolt

Estimable
Nov 25, 2014
Hi there,

Does the HDD really do nothing ??
Try putting the HDD in slave on another computer, see if that is busted or not !

I think it's a GPU problem but then together with the HDD, is kindof strange, unless the laptop hit the ground, busting the HDD and the Graphics chip !

Let us know we'll continue from there !

Cheers, Louise.

Mar 6, 2015

I will try to connect the HDD to another pc but dont have one atm in my place. The laptop didnt receive any physical damage just decided to quit his job. With or without the HDD plugged in the laptop still shows the same sympthoms....meaning that the same lights are flashing but no sound what so over of life.

Louise Porkolt

Estimable
Nov 25, 2014
lights flashing ?
can you be more specific on those ? maybe they want to tell you something (some error-code like on most professional brands).

You can read about them here
http://erasesoftware.com/toshiba-blink-error-codes/

and here
http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/forum/315626-31-toshiba-laptop-blink-codes

Let us know !
Cheers, Louise.

I forgot to ask: did you check the cooling airways, if there is dust in it ? could be that the processor is too warm and doesn't start.
usually this would only be when the PC is already warm. After an hour cooling down it would start at least a little bit !

Mar 6, 2015

The lights flashing are the power light, batery light and power cord plugged in light. No dust inside because i already checked and cleaned all the components thinking that the problem was caused by a dusty-hair ball.