Toshiba L55 C5272 - Colors are slightly distorted?

Apr 10, 2018
I paint digitally on my computer and I noticed that whenever I send in my works for critiques that the colors are always warmer on other people's computer screen? It's only on my computer where the colors are much cooler and everyone else's computer, phone, etc, the outcome is much warmer.

Is there anything I can do to fix this?

Solution
Sounds like your screen/display is set up to view them differently. You may want to go through your display settings and see what may be different for you. Compare this to someone else's settings on their computer. Also the settings on other devices. Especially devices whose display settings haven't been altered. It is far more likely that something is different on your computer than on all the other devices.

You can try going to "Start" and then in the search box type "Display color calibration" (without the quotes). Launch that program (it should be first on the list) and this will help you with some of the issue.

You may also want to check the brightness settings on your device, if the above doesn't help resolve the problem. If...
Sounds like your screen/display is set up to view them differently. You may want to go through your display settings and see what may be different for you. Compare this to someone else's settings on their computer. Also the settings on other devices. Especially devices whose display settings haven't been altered. It is far more likely that something is different on your computer than on all the other devices.

You can try going to "Start" and then in the search box type "Display color calibration" (without the quotes). Launch that program (it should be first on the list) and this will help you with some of the issue.

You may also want to check the brightness settings on your device, if the above doesn't help resolve the problem. If you have your display set brighter than normal, you will see the colors quite differently that others will.

I have a kid (now grown adult) who is an artist (paper and digital) went through this same issue with them.

Solution