- Toshiba P875 HDD doesn't boot. I did nothing with the laptop of late. It just happened. I keep getting --no bootable drive. please restart system.
- I followed websites to go into BIOS - security disable, change system configuration stuff, verify boot order etc. nothing worked.
- I was not sure where the problem was - whether my HDD was gone, or it was something else.
- Now, I don't have a windows PC with a working USB (work one has them disabled). So just ordered a SATA-USB cable and with it I hooked up the HDD to my windows tablet thing which had a USB and I can see the files in the HDD. So apparently the files are ok.
- I don't understand why the HDD has files fine but won't boot...?
Assuming I can get that, and I create a USB bootable stick.. I also got a bigger HDD and was thinking of somehow cloning the unbootable HDD into the new large one and use that somehow to get things going. Now my laptop also has 2 HDD drive bays, so somehow if I could get the unbootable one to just be able to read/write data, I could use that for storage...
Please let me know what I could do and why is this even happening, HDD fine but unbootable? Appreciate your help.