Solved! Toshiba laptop power supply replace !!!

virajdoshi

Distinguished
Aug 11, 2010
Hi,
I am looking for a laptop solution.
I have a toshiba laptop purchased (satellite A-105-S4284) around 3 years ago from US. It had 1 gb ram but then i upgraded it to 4gb. after using it for some time, one day accidentally it fell on the hard floor. My laptop got damaged power supply. now i m in india and nobody is able to repair it. Somehow i managed running it on a damaged power supply but if i move the laptop, it would turn off which ultimately damaged my hard drives and destroyed them.

Overall laptop performance was very good and i like the sound system of toshiba. I know the laptop is not repairable now but except power supply, everything else works great. I have a good processor, 4gb ram and good motherboard. I might have to spend money on hard disk but that is ok.

My question is : can i use my lap top's parts and build a new laptop ? i mean i actually need a good power supply and a new hard disk and that's it. I come to think of buying an old laptop with similar configuration but not sure about its price and its availability in india. I need to get the solution/repairs in Ahmadabad only.
Your suggestions are welcome, Thanks

Solution
Short answer- No. You cannot use your current laptop parts for a new one. Actually, you cannot "build" a laptop, like in case of a desktop. The most you could salvage is the HDD, which might fit in the new laptop, but it's a long shot.
Try searching for a repacement power adaptor.

ksampanna

Distinguished
Apr 11, 2010
Short answer- No. You cannot use your current laptop parts for a new one. Actually, you cannot "build" a laptop, like in case of a desktop. The most you could salvage is the HDD, which might fit in the new laptop, but it's a long shot.
Try searching for a repacement power adaptor.

Solution