toshiba laptop shutdowns/ never starts

sreen

Honorable
Jul 6, 2013
2 days b4 I plugged in my friends Nokia phone to my laptop for charging. I used sleep and charge. When I resumed system there was a message box telling "current exceeded in usb ports....". I pressed the reset buton in that window. After sometime while I was doin something it shutdown automatically without any error messages and it was switchig on automatically but aftet the bios screen it go blank and switches off and again try to switch on. I ve to remove the batery to stop this. Sometimes it ll not switch on. If luck favours I am able to startup my laptop and it ll run fir some time and again it will shutdown. Please help me troubleshooting this issue.

Tabris DarkPeace

Honorable
Jul 3, 2013
Take out the battery, if you can, and leave it out for 60 seconds.
Wait.
Wait.
Wait.
Plug it back in, and run the battery until it is empty (just in case), even going so far as to boot it and just keep powering it on to the BIOS/POST screen until it's dead flat.

Recharge the battery and try to recreate the issue with both battery and mains power sources.

sreen

Honorable
Jul 6, 2013
yesterday i switched on my laptop, it was booting fine. when i was logged into windows it shutdown once after some 20 minutes or so and the next time it booted and worked for more than 3 hours. i did drain the battery and switched it on again. it was working fine. today morning when i switched it on(in battery) same problem exists. Is there any way to see the event viewer to know why the shutdown happened.