Solved! Toshiba laptop stuck starting up on Toshiba Leading Innovation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 30, 2019
Ive had this problem for a few months and when i first noticed the problem i didn't think it was that bad. So i got a recover disk to solve it easy. But i cant even access the recovery process because its just stuck of 'Toshiba L I '. I tried all the methods from 0 key to removing the battery and holding power button . sometimes it takes me to this menu for example to change the time ect but thats the only place it can get to besides the toshiba loading part. I really wanna fix this problem. Starting to think its just broken but it seems that its possible to fix. Hopefully i can get the help i need to fix this problem. Thanks!

Toshiba
Satellite C55D-B5308

Solution
If you are getting a black screen with just the cursor, try these...

Option 1 ...

1. First, while the computer is off, connect an external monitor.
  2. Next turn on the computer and allow it to fully load.
  3. Once loaded, press the "Windows Key" + "P" to open the "Easy Display Switcher".
  4. In here select "Computer only".
  5. Now shut down the computer and disconnect the external monitor.
  6. Disconnect the external monitor
  7. And finally restart the computer.

Option 2 ...

Make sure you wait until the computer would be fully loaded before trying this, and not try it right away like you would to say get into BIOS. This needs you to actually be where you would be when Windows Explorer loads.

1. Press "Shift" repeatedly until...
Jun 30, 2019
It does the same thing it just stays on the toshiba loading screen. Sometimes it will go to the toshiba utility setup menu. But thats all then when i exit i just get a black screen. Ive tried everything literally and i cant get no further than that.

When you insert the recovery disk, and reboot (power off and then back on, not sleep or hibernate) the laptop what does it do exactly?
does the

Jun 30, 2019
It does the same thing it just stays on the toshiba loading screen. Sometimes it will go to the toshiba utility setup menu. But thats all then when i exit i just get a black screen. Ive tried everything literally and i cant get no further than that.

does the
It also makes this sound as if it were loading but thats all

When you insert the disk it should bring up the ability to restore the computer, not just start normally. Something is off here.

Try starting it up in "Safe Mode" and see if it gives you the same problem.

How to enter "Safe Mode" when booting the computer.

In Windows 8 and 10...

As your computer restarts, press F8 (possibly a few times) to enter "Safe Mode"

a. Press the "F4" key to Enable "Safe Mode".
(The computer will then start in "Safe Mode" with a minimal set of drivers and services.)

b. Press the "F5" key to Enable "Safe Mode" with Networking.
( Once "Safe Mode" with Networking starts, Windows is in Safe Mode, with additional network and services for accessing the Internet and other computers on your network.)

c. Press the "F6" key to Enable "Safe Mode" with Command Prompt.
(In "Safe Mode" with "Command Prompt" starts Windows in Safe Mode, with a Command Prompt window instead of the Windows interface. This option is mostly only used by IT professionals.)

Now sign in to the computer with your account name and password. (If you have one set.) When you are finished troubleshooting, you can exit "Safe Mode" restarting your computer.

In Windows 7/Vista/XP...

1. Immediately after turning on the computer, or restarting it (usually after you hear your computer beep), tap the F8 key, repeatedly, in 1 second intervals.

2. The computer will then display hardware information and run a memory test.

3. Next the "Advanced Boot Options" menu will appear.

4. In the "Advanced Boot Options" menu use the arrow keys to select "Safe Mode" or "Safe Mode with Networking" and press ENTER.

Jun 30, 2019
When i shut off my laptop and power on it starts with Toshiba Leading Innovation . it'll make this noise as if it were loading. With or without disk. I press f8,f2,f4, all those bottons but it stays on the toshiba leading innovation screen. I cant get past here.

Jun 30, 2019
When i shut off my laptop and power on it starts with Toshiba Leading Innovation . it'll make this noise as if it were loading. With or without disk. I press f8,f2,f4, all those bottons but it stays on the toshiba leading innovation screen. I cant get past here.
Now it says preparing automatic Repair but under the toshiba leading innovation. After about 5-10 min of that it just goes to a black screen. Then i see my mouse cursor but just black screen.. This happened a few times but i just end up powering off the laptop because it doesn't do anything.

If you are getting a black screen with just the cursor, try these...

Option 1 ...

1. First, while the computer is off, connect an external monitor.
  2. Next turn on the computer and allow it to fully load.
  3. Once loaded, press the "Windows Key" + "P" to open the "Easy Display Switcher".
  4. In here select "Computer only".
  5. Now shut down the computer and disconnect the external monitor.
  6. Disconnect the external monitor
  7. And finally restart the computer.

Option 2 ...

Make sure you wait until the computer would be fully loaded before trying this, and not try it right away like you would to say get into BIOS. This needs you to actually be where you would be when Windows Explorer loads.

1. Press "Shift" repeatedly until the "sticky keys" window shows up.

2. Now click the the link there that will lead to the "Ease of Access Center".

3. Next click "Cancel" on the the bottom right corner of the "Set Up Sticky Keys" window.

4. From here you want to click "Control Panel" on the upper left corner (it should be right beside the "Make Your Computer Easier to Use" title.

5. Locate the "Computer Settings" menu and then choose the "Recovery" icon (make sure that your view of this is by either large or small icons for easier access).

6. Now click and open "System Restore".

7. Here you want to click next on the bottom right corner (a few times) until the button "Finish" shows up and then click it. (Just follow everything prompt that the window says which will lead you to recovering your previous system, in a certain time.

8. The computer will now do the work it needs to and then reboot.

If that doesn't work, you can try the following...

You can also try doing the Ctrl+Alt+Delete and see if you can get "Task Manager" to show.

If the "Task Manager" windows shows, then choose "New Task" and then type in EXPLORER. If the desktop shows up then you need to go into "Start", "Programs", then "Accessories" and finally "Command Prompt". (Or you can do a search for CMD.)

Make sure you load the "Command Prompt" with Administrator access. Then when it loads type in....

SFC /SCANNOW

It will do a file check.

To learn more about "SFC" visit this link at Microsoft... https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929833

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.