Toshiba laptop with Acer Power supply?

edd209

Commendable
Feb 4, 2017
Hey,

The power supply I got with my Toshiba Satellite pro-c50 bust so I ordered a new power supply, different brand (Acer), but with the same part number ie. PA3917U-1ACA.

The laptop powered up as usual but then the battery icon said it was 100% charged straight away. Then when I plugged out the adaptor the machine died instantly. I've seen in many forums that the battery here is usually the issue but it worked fine beforehand usually getting over an hour of life plugged out.

I'd appreciate if anyone could shed some light on this, cheers.

Solution
There are a number of SKU's for the C50 range, which unit do you have and by that what OS are you on? It's good practice to stick with components coming form a relevant brand like Toshiba. Acer's hardware should belong with Acer components. Nevertheless, have you tried removing the adapter(disconnecting it from the wall) as well as the battery, depressing the power button for at least 30 seconds and then reconnecting all your hardware?

Might I ask how long it took you to get your adapter? Meaning how long was your laptop out of operation?

Lutfij

Splendid
There are a number of SKU's for the C50 range, which unit do you have and by that what OS are you on? It's good practice to stick with components coming form a relevant brand like Toshiba. Acer's hardware should belong with Acer components. Nevertheless, have you tried removing the adapter(disconnecting it from the wall) as well as the battery, depressing the power button for at least 30 seconds and then reconnecting all your hardware?

Might I ask how long it took you to get your adapter? Meaning how long was your laptop out of operation?

Solution

edd209

Commendable
Feb 4, 2017
Hey Lutfij, Thanks for replying. My Laptop is The Toshiba Satellite proC50-A-136 and I'm on Windows 10, which seemed to installed itself but that's for another day! Yeah I tried a few of those priming things and just did what you said again to be sure but to no avail unfortunately.

Well, It took just over a week for the new adapter to arrive, so no longer than 2 weeks I'd say.

Lutfij

Splendid
You're welcome!

I asked that last question to gauge how long you were operating off the laptop...well I'm assuming you discharged the laptop to below 10% battery life. See if the laptop charges when the laptop is powered down and not in use? The other part of asking that last question is to see if the seller will accept a return. I'd suggest getting a charger meant for your laptop.

edd209

Commendable
Feb 4, 2017
Hey,

thanks again Lutfij! I was coming to that conclusion too, to just to get the right adaptor! The laptop simple will not power on without the adaptor and the battery was full drained when I got it . My only idea(Hope) was maybe it could be just a setting I'd have to change on the control panel? Wishful thinking methinks...

Cheers,
ED