Toshiba Laptop won't boot

Xavier_21

Commendable
Oct 30, 2016
I was simply restarting my computer, fully, then my sister suddenly turned it off. I turned it back on, and did some steps to redo the reset again, then she did it AGAIN (don't ask). Now the computer is saying "no bootable device..." I've been everywhere on YouTube, but they all do the same procedure or they take out the battery or something. The screws on my laptop are like bolten on, and I can't get the screwdriver to turn it. The laptop is a Toshiba Satellite and the serial number is L551-B5271. I have had this computer since 2014. I'd really appreciate if someone could help with this problem. I feel like the only one who actually has a problem like this, but no solution seems to work.

Solution
Try the following...

1. Power off the laptop.
2. Power on the laptop.
3. As soon as you see the rotating loading circle, press and hold the Power Button until the computer shuts off.
4. Repeat this process a few times until you see the "Preparing Automatic Repair" screen.
5. Now you want to let the laptop boot to the "Automatic Repair" screen.
6. Click "Advanced Options" and then select "Troubleshoot".
7. Here you want to select "Refresh your PC", if you do not wish to erase data, or "Reset your PC" to erase all data and restore your system.
8. From here just follow the screen instructions until the recovery is completed.

NOTE: You will need to get into the "Advanced Options" in order to get the "Refresh Option". This choice will keep...
Try the following...

1. Power off the laptop.
2. Power on the laptop.
3. As soon as you see the rotating loading circle, press and hold the Power Button until the computer shuts off.
4. Repeat this process a few times until you see the "Preparing Automatic Repair" screen.
5. Now you want to let the laptop boot to the "Automatic Repair" screen.
6. Click "Advanced Options" and then select "Troubleshoot".
7. Here you want to select "Refresh your PC", if you do not wish to erase data, or "Reset your PC" to erase all data and restore your system.
8. From here just follow the screen instructions until the recovery is completed.

NOTE: You will need to get into the "Advanced Options" in order to get the "Refresh Option". This choice will keep your data, but any programs installed will be lost.

Do not do a "Reset" as that will wipe all data you have on the laptop.

Solution