Toshiba laptop won't boot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

xxxvegexxx

Honorable
Dec 10, 2013
My laptop won't boot: lights are on, the fan is spinning but the screen is always black.
I've tried both removing the power and pressing the power button for 1 min and replacing the CMOS battery with a new one. Is there something else I can try or is the mobo gone?

Solution

Yes, something on the motherboard is defective, you will paid between US$75 and US$150 for the motherboard depending where it come from, without the cost of the shipping.

xxxvegexxx

Honorable
Dec 10, 2013

I removed both memory modules and I've put them back and the laptop still didn't work. Then I've removed one and left the other in but still nothing...

xxxvegexxx

Honorable
Dec 10, 2013

The display ain't the problem: on my laptop there's a little red light that turns on when the bios has booted and this light doesn't turn on anymore.

It seems that something on the motherboard is defective, the laptop won't event POST. The last thing you could do is to disassemble the laptop, with just the motherboard with the adapter and plug to an external monitor, try to boot, if you have nothing on the monitor, then some component is defective.

xxxvegexxx

Honorable
Dec 10, 2013

The last thing that appeared on the monitor before it stopped working were some codes regarding HDD. It said that it wasn't able to recognize the HDD or something...

xxxvegexxx

Honorable
Dec 10, 2013

I've removed the HDD and turned the pc on but I still got the black screen. I've also inserted another HDD that I had from another broken laptop but still nothing. I guess the HDD ain't the problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.