Toshiba laptop wont boot

Conovore

Estimable
Feb 22, 2015
I've been trying to fix this laptop, I can go to Bios, and can choose what to boot but i cant boot. i don't care about losing whats on the hard drive i just want to use it. I have a valid copy of windows on usb and key and try to boot from that but it doesn't work. it says "reboot and select proper boot device." I need any advice i just want to use the laptop so i don't care about losing data. I can open the chassis so if i need to tell me
The model is toshiba satellite p845t-s4310

darkbreeze

Splendid
Download and run Seatools for DOS to check the drive health. Run the short drive self test and long generic. Report back with the results.

Seatools for DOS: http://www.seagate.com/support/downloads/item/seatools-dos-master/

darkbreeze

Splendid
Download and run Seatools for DOS to check the drive health. Run the short drive self test and long generic. Report back with the results.

Seatools for DOS: http://www.seagate.com/support/downloads/item/seatools-dos-master/

Conovore

Estimable
Feb 22, 2015

Still cant boot, i tried with usb and dvd. When I select usb it wont load or display anything, with dvd it will give me the same error "reboot and select proper boot device."

darkbreeze

Splendid
UEFI has nothing to do with enabling USB or DVD boot permissions. UEFI refers to the BIOS type and hardware that is compliant with UEFI type BIOSs. It has nothing to do with hardware specific permissions for boot devices.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
kakashi2927 Laptop General Discussion 1
B Laptop General Discussion 1
10BS Laptop General Discussion 3
S Laptop General Discussion 1
T Laptop General Discussion 1
Ashfaq1786 Laptop General Discussion 5
yair8566 Laptop General Discussion 3
AlexisFox Laptop General Discussion 0
gatorback94 Laptop General Discussion 3
E Laptop General Discussion 1
J Laptop General Discussion 7