Question Toshiba laptop

Mar 28, 2020
I just got a toshiba laptop today from someone. He wiped the hard drive clean. I figured it would be easy to get it back up and running...wrong. I've been trying all day to get it going. I have no windows disc to reinstall anything. I have tried the f12, 0, can't even get to the f8. Is there anything else I can do? I saw that I can order a restore disk, is that all I need, or do I need a windows disc? I'm pretty broke so not sure what to do. He said he had windows 7 in it but upgraded to 10, then to protect himself wiped everything clean. Suggestions?

Without a Windows disk if the drive was wiped, key press will help you. You can download a Windows 10 setup to put either on a DVD or a USB stick from Microsoft then boot off that setup to run it. Then go to Toshiba site and download the drivers for your model if needed.

Mar 28, 2020
Thank you, I got it running. What I need now tho is a working windows key for windows 10. I'm broke so looking for the free stuff.
Also looking for an app that will help me get internet, seems like my carrier, straight talk is blocking everything I try. I had one for bluetooth, it connected, but the internet wouldn't get going. I just don't understand why or if there is anything else I can do. Hoping you have some advice.
Thanks