Question Need a Restore Disc, preferably that can be put onto a USB flash drive for Toshiba Satellite A505-S6005

Nov 12, 2023
Hello,

I was given a non-working Toshiba Satellite A505-S6005 laptop. I replaced the battery and was able to buy a 120v power cord for it. I am unable to get the laptop working properly. I do not have a restore disc for this computer. In looking at various web sites, I am confusing myself and decided to find a suitable forum where others way more competent than I could possibly be of some help.

Basically I do have some experience though minute with windows based laptops. I switched to Macbooks several years ago, but find Windows based laptops intriguing and since I have this Toshiba, I'd like to be able to use it if possible.

Can someone please guide me to a site for making a restoration disc on a usb flash drive that I could use to bring back the Satellite A505?

Thank You!

COLGeek

Cybernaut
Given the age of this system, you might try installing a lite version of Linux. Else, it really isn't capable of supporting a modern/current operating system

Finding the original recovery media. even if you could find it, would not be suitable for use today (security, or the lack thereof).