Toshiba p75-A7200 Not showing any lights - bought a new motherboard - now won't turn on

Nov 1, 2018
I was using my laptop and it would randomly turn off until one day, it wouldn't turn on. The battery was showing that it was charging, but if it was unplugged, it would turn right off.So logic said to buy a new battery, so I did. Then a few days later, the computer turned off in middle of me using it and wouldn't turn on so I thought my charger wasn't working. I bought a new charger, plugged it in, and still nothing.

So my next step was to buy a new motherboard and it was installed. Now when the adaptor is plugged in, the charging light comes on (a small victory), but when the power button is pushed, it lights up, the light next to the charging indicator turns on for a second, then everything turns off.

I've tried the trick where you unplug it, remove the battery, and push the power button with the old motherboard and new motherboard. Nothing new happens. I'd love to get this up and running again. Any ideas?

Nov 1, 2018

They were both aftermarket. The charger wasn't purchased until after the computer died and with the new battery, the problems continued the same as it did with the OEM battery. When trying to get the computer to run again, we've tried without the battery, with the battery, etc. We've tried turning it on with everything disconnected, except RAM and the processor. Then the processor was disconnected, all the lights turned on and the computer stayed on. Do you think a refurbished processor would get this up and running again?