Toshiba Portege x30-d-143 Replacement Keyboard - Where to purchase?

Apr 10, 2018
Dear Everyone,

I have tried countless times to contact Toshiba for this replacement under my warranty, but there is NO SUCCESS. I live in Germany and desperately need a Toshiba Portege X30-D-143 keyboard replacement so I can work on my laptop for my job. Does anyone know where I can purchase a new one?

Cheers,
Martin

Solution
I am sorry you had to go thru that, but you are not the only one.
I have encounter similar runaround, from Samsung, Dell, T-mobile and Lenovo.
When I see the pattern, that type of behavior, I take the issue to their social media channels, since they do not like bad publicity.
Apr 10, 2018

Dear Jojesa,

This is somewhat of a new of a laptop and I have found no replacement keyboards for the Toshiba Portege X30-D-143, hence the desperate post on this forum. I have scoured the internet looking for this part and nobody even lists replacement parts for the X30 much less the X30-D-143.

What do you mean that you "ususally get those parts Amazon or eBay."? Are you constantly replacing parts in a Toshiba Portege x30-d-143? If so, I am a bit worried about this model of Toshiba. Can you kindly post the link for a replacement keyboard for the Toshiba Portege X30-D-143 where you "get those"?

Cheers,
Martin

jojesa

Distinguished
Check your keyboard model, which could be shared with other laptop models from Toshiba.
I meant, I have replaced keyboards on several models and I usually find them online.
Toshiba also provides parts for under warranty and out warranty systems. Just enter your serial and laptop model. https://support.toshiba.com/support/warranty
By the way their part search only works on Internet Explorer

I have not replaced the keyboard on that model, but I have replaced the CPU fan on (10 months ago), which was touching the bottom of the case.

Apr 10, 2018

DearJjojesa,

After 3-4 painful weeks of contacting Toshiba Germany, Toshiba.de/SOS, and whatever branch of Toshiba I could/couldn't contact, I finally have a case number and can send my laptop in today. They will fix it finally, unbelievable. Toshiba Germany customer service is extremely horrible compared to Toshiba Australia or Toshiba Japan.

For anyone else that searches for this part, here is what is printed on the keyboard ribbon that was in my computer:
002L16N36LHB0 (followed by a handwritten 5 or S)
TBM16N3 UK B
DG 1086
170:0::

The number was very hard to read as it was printed in black on a black striped computer ribbon. I am still not 100% sure all the numbers or letters are correct. Maybe this will give someone a clue in the future as to the keyboard part number for their Toshiba Portege X30-D-143. I tried to search for these via ebay and the internet and found nothing, therefore there is no answer to my original question at the present time.

Thanks for your responses. If I could have purchased this part or had it replaced by someone, rather than spending countless hours contacting Toshiba Germany, then I would have done that.

Cheers,
Martin

jojesa

Distinguished
I am sorry you had to go thru that, but you are not the only one.
I have encounter similar runaround, from Samsung, Dell, T-mobile and Lenovo.
When I see the pattern, that type of behavior, I take the issue to their social media channels, since they do not like bad publicity.

Solution