Toshiba Qosmio X870 Low FPS Nvidea 670M

pKrznaric

Honorable
Mar 28, 2013
Hi,
I purchased a Qosmio X870 from Toshiba, mine is from the United States as well as is custom built. Recently, I had to reinstall Windows. For the first day, it was working properly, however, after that it has began to run a low fps ranging from 7-25 on games such as Battlefield 3, Assasin's Creed III, Deus Ex Human Revolution, and a slight drop of frame rate in Modern Warfare 2. I unfortunately have not managed to reinstall the majority of my other games yet to test this out, for example Crysis 3, or Medal of Honour Warfighter.
When playing Battlefield 3, I have attempted near every combination of changing the graphics, within game, however, I have noticed things such as 1 fps change from a resolution of 1600x900 and Ultra to 1360x900 and low graphics settings.
At first, this was solvable by merely rebooting my computer, and I could at least achieve a fps of 20-30 making the game playable, but now it still fails to run at a playable fps after a reboot with only Origin booting up, mozilla firefox and Battlefield 3. My frame rate has actually lowered as my computer continues to age.
Additionally I have experienced multiple other errors. When installing the Adobe Master Collection certain titles such as Photoshop, Flash, as well as multiple others have failed to install properly with unknown errors or in certain cases, my operating system has been deemed inadequate for these programs.
Finally, I have experienced RAM dumps due to a driver error, which starts with LQM I believe, (my computer dumps my RAM in a matter of a few seconds so I don't have enough time to read it), it is usually right after Battlefield 3 fails to initialize properly.
I have already checked all the easy things, such as ensuring that I am running the game on my integrated or Nvidea 670m I have preformed multiple clean installs of new drivers as well as tried beta drivers.
The reason why I have not merely have this solved by Toshiba is that they want me to pay $100 a year if I want support with my computer for software. After buying an expensive computer, I don't feel this is necessary, as well as I have already purchased the highest warranty I could at the time.
My Nvidea is manufactured by Toshiba, so I'm at a dead end there, and I feel that reinstalling windows would merely cause a headache and not solve this problem, as the re-installation caused this.

My specs are as follows:
Windows 7 Professional 64bit
32 Gigs of RAM
Nvidea GT 670m
1600x900 60hz monitor
Intel HD 4000
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3610QM CPU @ 2.30GHz

Other problems include:
Out of the box faulty SSD, needed to be shipped back to the US from Canada to be repaired. They replaced the SSD.
A few weeks ago my computer wouldn't respond. The general solution to this problem after five minutes or so of waiting was I'd put my computer to sleep by shutting the lid. I did that and it wouldn't sleep, opened it back up, it was still running but the screen was black. After a minute of trying to have it respond, I forced it off. After rebooting it was being very slow, after I entered in my password at login, it would lag for a long period of time, before going to welcome, and staying there, literally for hours. I did reboot multiple times, only worked on safe mode. Toshiba told me to reinstall.

The computer is about five months of use old. In reality it is ten months old, but I didn't get any use of it in the first four-five months as it was in for repair.

booger007

Distinguished
Aug 28, 2006
I have a qosmio as well. Make sure it is not getting hot. I had issues with mine too at first and after installing core temp I realized that these laptops do not cool very well. I always have mine on a cooler if I am running anything taxing on it.

pKrznaric

Honorable
Mar 28, 2013
It is not overheating, nor has it ever overheated, it is when the game initially boots up to when it ends, so there is no way that it also could be constantly overheating.