Toshiba recovery wizard

1vin73

Estimable
Oct 8, 2015
Shut off my laptop a couple of nights ago using the power button(done this many times before) but now when I turn it on, it goes straight to the TOSHIBA recovery wizard with the 'yes' 'no' options for running. I've clicked yes, save hard drive data option and have tried clear all. Either way, yes or no, my laptop restarts and does it all over again, it's been a never ending cycle the past couple of days. I just want to know if anyone has any advice on how I can correct this and save all my data on my hard drive or c:/user file. Any help is appreciated, thank you.

Hi,

Could be that your HDD is already damaged or just the image partition that is in it. It's not a good practice to turn the laptop off or even a desktop PC by just pressing and holding the power button because that damages the HDD but if your using SSD it won't matter. The only way around that issue is to do a Factory Reset using a System Recovery disc but just a warning if that disc still won't work you may need to replace your HDD already.

1vin73

Estimable
Oct 8, 2015

Hey man, thanks for the advice but could you please explain HDD, SSD and what you mean by image partition? I am absolutely horrible with tech stuff like this, can only do the basic of shit with it lol I do appreciate the help.