Question Toshiba satellite l300 issue

Dec 16, 2020
Hello, I have a Toshiba Satellite l300 laptop. I updated the processor from t3200 to t7500 and it works fine on the battery, but when I put the power socket it works for a while and then turns off the power to the laptop and sometimes only a white screen appears What a solution, thank you

I don't have expertise regarding the differences in these processors but have a couple of suggestions. Since it turns off after running a while, it makes me suspect a thermal issue.
  • Does the Vendor recommend this upgrade?
  • If you just let the machine sit idle, does it still shut down?
  • If you let the battery fully charge before turning it on with the cord plugged in do you still get the shutdown? Charging the battery at the same time running the machine will generate more heat.
  • Can you immediately restart the system after shutdown and will it then run for a while again? How long?
  • Have you updated the system drivers? Try going to Intel.com and doing a driver auto update.
  • Monitor the CPU temps while working and see what that reveals.
If the CPU is overheating, it should throttle back but that requires the proper driver software.

Let us know what you find out.

Dec 16, 2020
I updated my processor for the vx-t feature I updated Windows to the latest version How to monitor processor temperature Why does it work well on battery and not on power?