Solved! TOSHIBA Satellite L300 problem

Nov 15, 2021
Hello,
I have a TOSHIBA Satellite L300-1AM laptop.
When i turn the computer on, if i access BIOS Setup, the screen remains functional for a long time (i left it on for up to 20 mins). However, if i boot from an USB drive (to install Windows), the screen turns white (or black, or blue) during the installation (after 2-3 minutes) and the laptop freezes (i can only restart it from the on/off button).
What would you advise me to do to get over this issue?
Many thanks

Solution
Sorry for my english. So:
  • no hdd in computer
  • start comp
  • entering BIOS Setup
  • SCREEN OK (cca 30 min)
  • boot from Win7 USB or Win7 DVD (same thing happen)
  • istall begin (Windows is copying files, Windows is starting, etc...)
  • after 2-4 min SCREEN NON-OK, screen become green, or black and computer is blocked (keyboard don't work)
Hope you understand what I want to say :)
The problem may be Windows-related. Not sure how, but we should at least rule it out. Try booting the computer from a Linux USB. I know of 2- Lucid Puppy Linux and Pendrive Linux - Boot And Run Linux From USB Flash Drive | Pen Drive Linux

Also, your English is fine :)
Are you saying you just stay in the BIOS screen for a long time or you leave BIOS and actually start Windows?

I would first find a bootable diagnostic (hopefully Toshiba has one) and verify that the hardware is OK. Perhaps there is a problem with your USB install drive. Try to follow the steps here and do a clean install (completely wipe the hard drive).

https://www.howtogeek.com/714130/how-to-install-windows-10-from-a-usb-drive/

Nov 15, 2021
  • no hdd in computer
  • start comp
  • entering BIOS Setup
  • SCREEN OK (cca 30 min)
  • after 2-4 min SCREEN NON-OK, screen become green, or black and computer is blocked (keyboard don't work)

mrmike16

Honorable
  • no hdd in computer
  • start comp
  • entering BIOS Setup
  • SCREEN OK (cca 30 min)
The problem may be Windows-related. Not sure how, but we should at least rule it out. Try booting the computer from a Linux USB. I know of 2- Lucid Puppy Linux and Pendrive Linux - Boot And Run Linux From USB Flash Drive | Pen Drive Linux

Also, your English is fine :)

Solution