Toshiba satellite L645D sata/ahci issues

sdloki76

Commendable
Dec 6, 2016
Satellite L645D (PSK0QC-00K007) sata / ahci controller drivers for deployment. Pls. i have replaced the harddrive attempted many reloads of different copies of installation media. including windows 10. replace ram as well with known working. fails during media expansion. bios sees and displays proper information. and when booted to installation media. cmd, chkdsk (no errors), and diskpart able to function and work with the harddrive. any info would help. sdloki76

Solution
Welcome to Tom's Hardware, @sdloki76!

I'd recommend you try to resolve the issue by resetting BIOS through the BIOS interface settings. This will get everything back to its factory defaults, so you will need to re-configure all the manual changes in BIOS again afterwards. Have you tried using different drives as well? I suspect that the issue could be coming from a faulty connectivity to the HDD. Could you also share all the troubleshooting steps you have undertaken so far? Sharing more details about the OS version would also be helpful.

If nothing works, I'd recommend going to your laptop manufacturer's official website and check if you have the latest BIOS version installed.

Hope it helps you. Keep me posted.
SuperSoph_WD

SuperSoph_WD

Estimable
Jul 30, 2014
Welcome to Tom's Hardware, @sdloki76!

I'd recommend you try to resolve the issue by resetting BIOS through the BIOS interface settings. This will get everything back to its factory defaults, so you will need to re-configure all the manual changes in BIOS again afterwards. Have you tried using different drives as well? I suspect that the issue could be coming from a faulty connectivity to the HDD. Could you also share all the troubleshooting steps you have undertaken so far? Sharing more details about the OS version would also be helpful.

If nothing works, I'd recommend going to your laptop manufacturer's official website and check if you have the latest BIOS version installed.

Hope it helps you. Keep me posted.
SuperSoph_WD

Solution