Toshiba satellite L75-C keyboard disassembly

Cheezybuck

Commendable
Jan 15, 2017
How do I remove the keyboard on a Toshiba L75-C7250? It's below the deck so doesn't just peel off like most. I can remove the battery and bottom of the laptop but can't figure out how the keyboard is attached. There is plastic mesh strip above the keyboard, I can only get it disconnected in the middle (metal tabs in battery compartment) but can't get either end of the mesh strip to come off. Thanks in advance for any advice!

dcooper502

Honorable
Oct 20, 2013

Thanks for the non-answer. After four days of searching I concluded that Google doesn't have the answer. It's not on IFixit, not on YouTube, and definitely not to be found on Toshiba's website.

I finally took apart my Toshiba Satellite L75-C7136. The keyboard and touchpad are not just glued but riveted to the body. You cannot remove the keyboard without destroying the shell. Moreover you have to break apart the shell to find the barcode with the part number. Toshiba does not provide part numbers and it's not labeled elsewhere.

The part number for the bottom shell of the L75-C7136 is H000081840. The keyboard itself is part number H000082890. I couldn't find a valid part number for the touchpad but it's not coming out of the case intact anyway.

Toshiba laptops used to be low-end, inexpensive but solid machines. It's hard to believe they've made it impossible to replace damaged keys. I'm embarrassed that this laptop was bought on my recommendation.