Toshiba Satellite L850 Unresponsive and Black Screen

LaptopRice

Commendable
Dec 7, 2016
I have a Toshiba Satellite L850 laptop, recently while I was playing a game, suddenly my screen went black and I heard a buzzing noise. Ever since I can power on the laptop but it came up with a black screen and the keyboard being unresponsive (caps lock wouldn't light up). I have tried removing the battery and discharging the power then powering it on but that didnt work, I also tried using different ram slots for my 1 4gb ram, and replugging in its harddrive but yhat also didnt work. Would u know what the issue is?

Solution
Try turning off the laptop, connect an external monitor, turn on the external monitor and then turn on the laptop.

If you can see your screens on the external monitor, then the attached display is your issue. It could be the ribbon cable that connects it, or it could be the actual display needs replacing.

If you can't see anything on the external monitor either, then your graphics card/GPU is probably toast and needs replacing. Which means the motherboard may need replacing.

NOTE: If the laptop is still under warranty, then I would contact the manufacturer about a repair or replacement.
Try turning off the laptop, connect an external monitor, turn on the external monitor and then turn on the laptop.

If you can see your screens on the external monitor, then the attached display is your issue. It could be the ribbon cable that connects it, or it could be the actual display needs replacing.

If you can't see anything on the external monitor either, then your graphics card/GPU is probably toast and needs replacing. Which means the motherboard may need replacing.

NOTE: If the laptop is still under warranty, then I would contact the manufacturer about a repair or replacement.

Solution