Toshiba Satellite Laptop Keyboard Keys Not Working

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ross23

Commendable
Jan 9, 2017
First of all, why was my original thread deleted? I put a lot of effort in explaining my problem and it was deleted with no warning?

Basically, the space bar and a few other keys won't work. The problem comes and goes, but mostly comes. I brought it in twice and first they said it was a software issue and claimed they fixed it, only to have the problem come back. The second time they basically said you have to deal with Toshiba, there's nothing we can do.

I tried uninstalling keyboard driver and restarting computer...It worked initially but problem came back within hours. I want to do a factory reset but it won't let me. I keep getting error code 0xc0000225.

The computer is not even a year old, well taken care of with not viruses or malware. Any help is appreciated.

tuckerrat

Prominent
May 27, 2017
My girlfriend's Toshiba satellite L775 laptop keyboard had issues with the 1234 and spacebar not working unless the FN Key was invoked. After buying and installing another keyboard (didn't help) I found an update KB4013418 Synaptic pointing device that I removed from the control panel/program/uninstall a program/view installed updates......find this KB4013418 and uninstall it. she got her keyboard back. Not sure if this update will come back again. I'll have to remove it again or try to stop it from installing. anyway, this worked for me and she gets a shiny new keyboard .
Bob

Status
Not open for further replies.