toshiba satellite m505-s4940 CMOS date/time not set

mnlaptops

Estimable
Nov 26, 2014
Greetings all,i have a toshiba satellite m505-s4940~ that had a bios password on it, so i removed the bios (cmos)? battery to try to reset it like that...as far as i know it worked, but now i get bthis screen saying that the " CMOS date/time is not set, press F1 to run setup or press F2 toload default values and continue" ...BUT when i press either or any keys nothing happens...
i have tried to run a hyrens disk to no avail, and i took all power away for a long count of 60, again nothing but the same old s@it...any help or suggestions would be greatly welcomed! thank you all in advance.

Solution
Hi,

It only means that you'll need to set the time inside BIOS to the correct one.
- Enter BIOS and go to System Setup menu.
- Look for Date and Time. you'll need to use your arrow keys in BIOS since mouse doesn't work in it.
- After setting the correct date and time press F10 to save all the changes and reboot the laptop.
- If it would still give you the same error try and reseat the CMOS battery and if that won't still resolve the issue you may need to replace the battery itself.
Hi,

It only means that you'll need to set the time inside BIOS to the correct one.
- Enter BIOS and go to System Setup menu.
- Look for Date and Time. you'll need to use your arrow keys in BIOS since mouse doesn't work in it.
- After setting the correct date and time press F10 to save all the changes and reboot the laptop.
- If it would still give you the same error try and reseat the CMOS battery and if that won't still resolve the issue you may need to replace the battery itself.

Solution