Toshiba Satellite NB10t-A-102 won't boot linux or windows

Kichua

Prominent
Apr 1, 2017
i had this laptop for a while and had windows 8.1 on it i forgot my password so i ended up using ubuntu to regain access but i didn't like windows 8.1 so i deleted everything from the hard drive and installed linux (various diffrent distros like deepin,linuxmint and parrot).The problem was that after installing linux if i restarted the laptop it would simply say there was no boot media. I ended up searching online and saw articles that told me it was probably a BIOS error. I asked my computer science teacher and he said to aske my school technician, so i did. He told me that it was probably an error due to my drivers not working and that I probably needed windows 8.1 to update and maintain them. He tried to put windows 10 on my laptop but for some reason it didnt work and since it was the near a Easter he told me to try put windows 8.1 and update the drivers. The problem is that i have download windows 8.1 and used rosa image writer to format it onto a usb 2.0 (4gb) and usb2.0 (8gb) but neither have worked when i would to to boot from them it would just say no media present.Ive seen many articles most tell me that i should change boot mode from UEFI to CSM but i cant find that on my laptops BIOS. It has system BIOS version 1.20,secure boot is disabled