Toshiba Satellite Replacement Battery

slyone13

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2011
I have tried 5 different 12 cell batteries from secondary companies in my Toshiba Satellite L775D running Windows 7 Home premium. The laptop came with a 6 cell that works perfectly. The same thing occurrs when putting the 12 cell batteries in my laptop. When having the AC power plugged in the laptop does not recognize the battery. I then do a restart and the battery icon shows the new battery at 100% charge. However when I disconnect the AC the laptop immediately goes dead and will not restart until I remove the battery. Any ideas ?

Solution
Just worked on a P105-S6084 for a customer, ordered them a new 9 cell battery, same issue. Windows would list it as plugged in, show the battery charge percentage, but say not charging. Unplug the AC and the machine would shut off.

I was able to get a Bios upgrade for the laptop that corrected the issue. It wasn't listed anywhere in the release notes that any of the updates addressed battery issues, but it did work.

slyone13

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2011

No what I meant to say is: Whenever I put one of the 12 cell batteries in my laptop, I get the same result. Having the AC power plugged in, the laptop does not recognize the battery. I then do a restart and the battery icon shows the new battery at 100% charge. However when I disconnect the AC the laptop immediately goes dead and will not restart until I remove the battery. Any ideas ?

jrlewis12

Honorable
Jun 25, 2012
Just worked on a P105-S6084 for a customer, ordered them a new 9 cell battery, same issue. Windows would list it as plugged in, show the battery charge percentage, but say not charging. Unplug the AC and the machine would shut off.

I was able to get a Bios upgrade for the laptop that corrected the issue. It wasn't listed anywhere in the release notes that any of the updates addressed battery issues, but it did work.

Solution

slyone13

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2011

I appreciate the answer. My Toshiba went back for repair 4 times and they finally got it right. The first problem was the clock gaining time. I told them it was the multiplier chip on the motherboard. They replaced the motherboard, however they just swapped it with someone else's board and never flashed the dcim and back it went again. Came back with the same problem, back it went again, came back with the same problem, back again. This time it appears they put a new motherboard in and must have flashed the bios, so far no problems. It accepts the battery and keeps time.