Toshiba TV (65L621U) to Samsung Soundbar Sound Issue

John_574

Commendable
Dec 21, 2016
Hello,

I have a Toshiba TV (Model: 65L521U) connected via HDMI to a Samsung soundbar. The HDMI cable is plugged into the ARC ports on both the TV and Soundbar however there is no sound playing. I also have the soundbar set to Digital In, which seems to be also be the choice for ARC. I have cycled through the other sound options and am not getting any sound output. Any help on how to resolve this would be greatly appreciated.

Solution

Thank you. For some reason, from time to time, I need to change the channel and change it back to get the audio to pick up. That ended up resolving the problem. I appreciate the answer though!

John_574

Commendable
Dec 21, 2016

Thank you. For some reason, from time to time, I need to change the channel and change it back to get the audio to pick up. That ended up resolving the problem. I appreciate the answer though!

Solution

Lightnirod

Commendable
Jan 19, 2017

I have a question for you. I have this TV and purchased a Samsung soundbar with only an optical audio connection. I have sound lag!!! It makes me crazy! Of course I don't have a negative option to correct the audio delay. The video leads the audio. I'm curious if you have any issues with the ARC connection. Thinking about getting a different soundbar. It's that's bad.
Please if you can advise, I would greatly appreciate it.
Michelle