Question Toshiba Z20 Windows 8/10 dock is disconnecting at exactly same - relative time once after boot as it would be scheduled, its very annoying..

ruthan

Honorable
Oct 6, 2012
Hello,
my Toshiba Z20 Windows 8/10 dock is disconnecting at exactly same - relative time once after boot as it would be scheduled, its very annoying.
I had Win8 and upgraded - same installation to Win10 and its still the same.

I have last bios, drivers etc.. i though that is Win 8 thing but it doesnt, Linux and Android x86, Windows 10 to go. It really seems to be as scheduled or generated by some code or timer, its something like 5 minut after boot, after that its working fine for hours (any disconnects)

Its very annoying because when its disconnected all all touchpad settings are reset. When i checked Even viewer, there is only something about KernelPower that setting is overrided by Toshiga firmware. - i doubt that its related.

It look like some broken power profile, but it doesnt depend if user is active or not.. It worked long time ago, i cant be sure, but guess that it broken with some Toshiba or Windows update.

I checked Task scheduler, i didnt find anything strange here.

I have one more issue - otherwise it work fine and that is at boot i often get only empty screen and nothing and i have to shudown and turn on it again. Reboots are always fine.

Do you have idea what to check?

Hello,
my Toshiba Z20 Windows 8/10 dock is disconnecting at exactly same - relative time once after boot as it would be scheduled, its very annoying.
I had Win8 and upgraded - same installation to Win10 and its still the same.

I have last bios, drivers etc.. i though that is Win 8 thing but it doesnt, Linux and Android x86, Windows 10 to go. It really seems to be as scheduled or generated by some code or timer, its something like 5 minut after boot, after that its working fine for hours (any disconnects)

Its very annoying because when its disconnected all all touchpad settings are reset. When i checked Even viewer, there is only something about KernelPower that setting is overrided by Toshiga firmware. - i doubt that its related.

It look like some broken power profile, but it doesnt depend if user is active or not.. It worked long time ago, i cant be sure, but guess that it broken with some Toshiba or Windows update.

I checked Task scheduler, i didnt find anything strange here.

I have one more issue - otherwise it work fine and that is at boot i often get only empty screen and nothing and i have to shudown and turn on it again. Reboots are always fine.

Do you have idea what to check?

It can't be a Windows or Toshiba update since you said this issue happens even after you do a clean Windows setup. There is no schedule you can do to have the dock loose connection to the computer. What exactly happens, system is in dock, you are using it, then what happens? Mouse/keyboard/monitor all go dead? How do you know the dock lost connection? You have the correct wattage power supply for the dock to work? Did you check to make sure dock pins are all good?

ruthan

Honorable
Oct 6, 2012
Is not clean install its just upgrade from Windows 8 to 10 some system settings left for use.
Dock system disconnects, as i disconnect it manually.. so keboard and mouse are dead.. tablet this working fine, when i connect it back, its working for from that fine for hours, until next reboot.

Power supply is original, it happens when i connected and disconnected, it doesnt matters.

Pins are good, im not stupid, im engineer, its really looks like software thing, some bug, feature or scheduled event, or some event happens after every boot.. Its to any simple stupidity.. it could be some strange (wrong) behavior of power plan (here are zillions scheduler timers and 1 could misbehave) or something like that.