Touch screen Laptop

calex01

Honorable
Sep 11, 2013
I am planning to buy a new laptop and i am thinking of buying one with touchscreen. I have done my research and i have understood that touch screen is an important feature for a windows 8 laptop but i've also read that touchscreen laptops haven't been selling very well. What is more is that i am a gamer and i need a good laptop that will be capable of playing games for at least 4 years, and i've noticed that touch and gaming laptops are very few. So is a touch screen laptop worth it and touch will be utilized more in the future or should i just skip it?

calex01

Honorable
Sep 11, 2013

I have reviewed the laptops but it says nowhere they have touch screens.

AxlFone

Honorable
May 21, 2013
maybe I did copy wrong link. Sorry about that. Then this :)
http://shop.lenovo.com/us/en/tablets/thinkpad/thinkpad-helix/

calex01

Honorable
Sep 11, 2013

Quite interesting i must admit, but the fact they don't have a large hard drive concerns me. As i have stated i intend to use my laptop for gaming as well.

calex01

Honorable
Sep 11, 2013

So you are suggesting that a no touch screen laptop is a better choice for me?

AxlFone

Honorable
May 21, 2013
yeah why not. That has really fast video card. Some have sli^^ So it is for gaming.
Leonovo quality is good. You cann buy SSD in that if you want. And so on. HDD is easy to make bigger. Memory is easy to upgrede bigger.

calex01

Honorable
Sep 11, 2013

What confuses me is that if touch is required for Windows 8 and makes things so much easier why aren't more touch screen laptops released. I'll have to consider that as well i think.

Nearly all gaming laptops do not come equipped with a touchscreen because it is a useless feature when gaming. Windows 8 takes better advantage of touch features, but it is by no means a touch-dominant interface.

My suggestion would be to save yourself the money on the screen and use what you would save towards a better video card or better CPU for gaming. Or, use it to invest in a good SSD.

If you're really interested in the touch screen though and want something at least mildly powerful, look into the Asus N550JV-DB72T.

calex01

Honorable
Sep 11, 2013

Quite powerful, and it fits my needs. I'll consider it, thanks a lot.