Touchpad freezing every time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Erasworld

Prominent
Jun 13, 2017
I have a 2 year old Lenovo Z50-70 laptop, from last few months the Touchpad is freezing, I cannot move the arrow till I press Right Ctrl or Esc keys.It happens very frequently in every few minutes and sometimes in few seconds. Also, when I press some of the Keys like Delete, left ctrl and 6 the touchpad freezes.

External mouse works but when the touchpad is frozen I cannot scroll down, every time I scroll down the page automatically goes up and I can only select/click on the first item on the page, say if I want to open a folder only the 1st folder will open I can't click on any other folder.

I have tried updating and reinstalling the drivers but it didn't work, I also clean installed Windows 10 but the issue still persist.

Please help to resolve this issue.

Solution
clean the touchpad thoroughly with some isopropyl alcohol to remove any grease.

Adjust the touchpad settings under Win10 to see if you can get a better result.

If it is freezing momentarily this may mean some excessive cpu activity is placing a strain on the unit.

Use process expolorer and hyjackthis after running cleandisk and defrag and your AV software to see if something isn't running all of the time and chewing up cpu cycles.
clean the touchpad thoroughly with some isopropyl alcohol to remove any grease.

Adjust the touchpad settings under Win10 to see if you can get a better result.

If it is freezing momentarily this may mean some excessive cpu activity is placing a strain on the unit.

Use process expolorer and hyjackthis after running cleandisk and defrag and your AV software to see if something isn't running all of the time and chewing up cpu cycles.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.