Review TP-Link Tapo C420S2 review: Very affordable, very capable

Feb 25, 2023
Just wanted to note, you do not need a subscription for Person, Vehicle or Pet detection. I receive these types of notifications and do not have a subscription to TAPO Care. One thing to note, I have never received a pet detection notification, even though my dog triggers the camera.

Jun 9, 2023
What happens if the battery is inside the camera while it is plugged in to the USB charger - is it only charging or the camera is functioning in the same time?

Does it use the power from the charger and if there is a power outage it will automatically switch to the battery?
More simply can the battery be used as an UPS for this camera while operated from the USB charger?

Feb 25, 2023
What happens if the battery is inside the camera while it is plugged in to the USB charger - is it only charging or the camera is functioning in the same time?

Does it use the power from the charger and if there is a power outage it will automatically switch to the battery?
More simply can the battery be used as an UPS for this camera while operated from the USB charger?
It will still record and detect motion. When the battery runs low, I use an portable charger (like one you would use for your cell phone) and connect it to the micro-usb connector on the back of the camera to charge. It still detects motion and captures video while it is charging.

Jun 9, 2023
It will still record and detect motion. When the battery runs low, I use an portable charger (like one you would use for your cell phone) and connect it to the micro-usb connector on the back of the camera to charge. It still detects motion and captures video while it is charging.
Could it have an impact on the battery health if it is always plugged in?

Feb 25, 2023
Could it have an impact on the battery health if it is always plugged in?
That I am unsure of, you would need to contact TP-Link. I would recommend registering on their forums. Their support moderator is quick to respond to questions.