Track pad scrolls down itself and selecting icon by itself.?

Dboy45

Estimable
Aug 22, 2015
I own a HP-15 r032tx laptop, its been like couple of weeks that my track pad is behaving suspicious. Like sometimes i am on desktop , suddenly any last icon on my desktop gets selected itself and no matter anywhere i click it does not move . Even if m double clicking anywhere on screen , that icon pops out . And in browsers , all web pages starts scrolling down and never goes up until i restart my system. i was having this problem in win8.1 and in 10 too. please help me out with this. thanks

Solution
Hi,

You might need to uninstall and reinstall the driver of your trackpad.

1. Press Windows + R together that the same time and when the Run box appears type in devmgmt.msc and click OK.
2. Look for Mice and other pointing devices then expand it.
3. Right click on the device underneath Mice and other pointing... then click on uninstall and click Yes
4. Close everything out then download and install the latest driver from HP's support website. (http://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/HP-15-r000-Notebook-PC-series/6875200/model/7308898#Z7_3054ICK0KGTE30AQO5O3KA30R1)
5. Select Synaptics TouchPad Driver and install it.
6. Reboot the PC once installation is completed
7. Observe if the same thing will happen or not again after these...
Hi,

You might need to uninstall and reinstall the driver of your trackpad.

1. Press Windows + R together that the same time and when the Run box appears type in devmgmt.msc and click OK.
2. Look for Mice and other pointing devices then expand it.
3. Right click on the device underneath Mice and other pointing... then click on uninstall and click Yes
4. Close everything out then download and install the latest driver from HP's support website. (http://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/HP-15-r000-Notebook-PC-series/6875200/model/7308898#Z7_3054ICK0KGTE30AQO5O3KA30R1)
5. Select Synaptics TouchPad Driver and install it.
6. Reboot the PC once installation is completed
7. Observe if the same thing will happen or not again after these steps.

Solution