transfer photos from s4 to my laptop

Seriouslycomeon

Estimable
Dec 22, 2014
I guess this is just one of the great mysteries of life. I'm sitting with my $800 cell phone plugged into my $800 Toshiba via both USB plug AND synced via Bluetooth and yet there appears to be no earthly way to transfer photos from my phone to my computer like I could with my $200 phone onto my $400 laptop 10 years ago. What's more, I can't even find a damn answer as to how to do this on all my searches. Has Toshiba not clued into the fact that modern society takes photos on cell phones and has them transferred onto computers in order to print them? I mean, I look for Transfer Photos in the Index and they don't have it, yet they make sure to include a section on transferring Blu Ray DVDS when the computer I'm reading this from has no DVD drive. Damn, Yet Carl Sagan was able to come up with the likely theory as to how our earth was created back in the 1970s, but here in 2014 it's taking me HOURS to find a solution to simply uploading my photos from my USB connected phone to my laptop. WTF??????? What is the purpose of Bluetooth if not to connect devices to do these things automatically? It would have taken me less time to build a time machine and go back to the 1970s, drive my film to a Fotomat and wait a week to have them developed. Hate this.

troi

Estimable
Jan 30, 2015
Turn the Galaxy off. Use the USB cable and connector that comes with the Galaxy to connect the phone to the computer. Turn the Galaxy on. If an install pop up appears on your computer screen, click "close<-- you don't want to install the vendor's software right now. Wait a bit while the devices sycn. Then you can go to "my computer" and will see the device listed with the model name or maybe "mobile phone" Click that. Click "card" and select DCMI, then "Camera". Your pix should be there. So it is: My Computer-->Device name or number-->Card-->DCMI-->Camera.

If you don't have a DS card, look in "phone."

You can drag and drop the pix to your picture directory on the computer or move them around on the Galaxy from here. I have pix that I imported from my old Black Berry. I moved them from the Blackberry subdirectory to the same level as "DCMI" in the Card directory and the phone finds them just fine.

To disconnect, use the safe eject or turn off the phone before you disconnect if the safe eject doesn't show up.

nathanq

Commendable
Jun 26, 2016
hello,plug your samsung galaxy s4 into the laptp via usb to micro plug then go to my computer then select your device then locate the pictures tab which is mostly on your sd card (if you have one) then highlight one of the photos and then click
CRTL and A & & the same time then drag the pictures to the place that you want them
HOPE THIS HELPS!!

RhiannonP

Commendable
Jun 27, 2016

Ines__jc

Commendable
Jul 10, 2016
I'm dealing with the same problem. I was soo angry but ur post was so well written and funny! I hope u found a solution or at least enjoyd a week back in the 70s :)
All the best!

Leia Organa

Estimable
Jan 24, 2016

I want to do the same thing here but I do not have (I have actually lost)the USB so I would like to ask you whether there is another way as the option you provided above.I do not know how to download and install something similar for an I phone though.(I use I phone 4s).transfering the photos with this way would be way easier than trying to find the phone's USB. Thank you in advance.