Transferring Safari bookmarks from iphone to android

Status
Not open for further replies.

phix95

Estimable
Nov 2, 2014
I think I've tried everything. And this is the 3rd forum I've been to. Syncing does not work. Any way to do this?

Syncing should work, but only if you put a computer in the mix. It may not work just going from one device to the other.

Your best bet is to connect the first device to a computer via USB and sync your bookmarks/favs to the browser on that computer. Then disconnect that device and connect the new device to the computer via USB and do the same (sync it) to the browser on that computer, but moving them to the device, rather than to the computer like the first time.

Now you would have to have installed the browser on the computer and the new phone first, as safari is not the standard browser on computers nor android devices, but doing it this way should work.

phix95

Estimable
Nov 2, 2014
I would need to get the bookmarks from safari on the iphone to chrome on the android. And safari is not available for windows.
Any way to get it as an html file or something? Would that work?

You should be able to save the bookmarks to a file and send that to a computer or save them directly to a computer. I am not sure then what the issue it is giving you is. Afterwards most browsers will import such files from other browsers.

However, I cannot answer on the first part of this, since it involves an Apple device. Those are different than Android. If you can get the file or data saved from that device though, you should then easily be able to move it.

phix95

Estimable
Nov 2, 2014
I found Safari for PC but the bookmarks still do not show up.
And no, no way to download any files from Iphone's safari.

Are you able to go into "Settings" on the phone and then choose "iCloud" and finally make sure that the option to save "Safari" files there is on?

If you can do that, then you should then be able to access your "iCloud" from the computer and choose where you want to "Sync" those bookmarks to on the computer.

If the first step doesn't work, then there is something wrong or missing on your phone "Settings" or if you can't get the info to "Sync" to the "iCloud" account (and show up there), you would need to check with someone who deals with apple devices/programs. I am Android and PC only. :)

Now if you can do those steps, but can't log into your "iCloud" from the computer, then you would have to contact them about why you cannot. The same goes for if you can access it, but cannot import the file to the computer.

Those are the only options on how to do it that I know of. Anything different (for the Apple devices) you will have to talk to an Apple person about.

phix95

Estimable
Nov 2, 2014
Safari is checked as for saving to icloud.
But you cannot physically view them online on a pc in icloud. Also have the icloud app on my pc, and bookmarks is checked there for all browsers.
Nothing shows up though, as far as my bookmarks from my iphone.

phix95

Estimable
Nov 2, 2014
It only mentions bookmarks in the beginning paragraphs but doesn't mention it later. So it doesnt say where they're supposed to show up (ie, browser, hd, icloud,etc)
Everything is updated as well.
I opened Safari on PC and Chrome on PC and bookmarks are not there.

Status
Not open for further replies.