Transparent White Ghost Rectangle On Dell Laptop Display

InfiniteStarfall

Commendable
May 16, 2016
I have a Dell Inspiron15 5000 series laptop, and until a few days ago it was fine. However there is now a transparent white rectangle. Is this a software or hardware issue(I think its hardware). And if so what could have caused it and how do I fix it?

Hi,

Please do try these troubleshooting steps that may help.
- First is to connect an external monitor and see if the same problem will persist or not.
- If the same problem will persist on the external monitor, do run a virus/malware scan first. Please use the link below.
- http://www.tomsguide.com/faq/id-1691891/removing-malware-proven-completely-remove-bitcoin-mining-malware.html
- If it will still not work, disable all the startup items and reboot the laptop again. Open Task Manager then go to Startup tab and disable all the startup items and reboot the laptop.
- Do also run System Restore if all these will not work.
- Here's how: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-PH/windows-8/restore-refresh-reset-pc

Hopefully this steps will help. :)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
snowstorm29 Laptop Tech Support 3
K Laptop Tech Support 2
M Laptop Tech Support 0
EVE3LYNN Laptop Tech Support 1
Loureyna Laptop Tech Support 3
P Laptop Tech Support 0
JaqueRabbit Laptop Tech Support 16
T Laptop Tech Support 2
R Laptop Tech Support 1
B Laptop Tech Support 4