Trapped Chilean Miners Receive Sony PSPs

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Yuka

Distinguished
May 3, 2007
You know guys... Sad thing is... Those miners won't know how to even turn the PSPs on. 'Cause, you see... Chilean miners aren't the most "tech work force" out there at all.

Anyway, good thing they're trying at least to ease their boredom and anxiousness while the real rescue happens.

Cheers!

PS: I'm a chilean BTW, so don't think I'm trolling the miners, please xD!

NeeKo

Distinguished
Apr 24, 2010
All the comments making fun of this situation are just horrible, it just tells me that this place is full of kiddos that live inside a bubble.

NeeKo

Distinguished
Apr 24, 2010
[citation][nom]Restatement3dofTed[/nom]"A diagram of the mine can be found here. Currently the miners are unaware of the possible three to four month stay underground."Seems sort of rude to withhold information like that. Personally, if I was stuck in a hole, I'd like to know just how long the people trying to get me out thought the process was going to take.[/citation]

They know, this "article" just lacks tons of info.

To begin with, they survided 17 days before the rescue team found em. They ate once each 2 days to stay alive and they are pretty aware of how long they will be there.
[citation][nom]Restatement3dofTed[/nom]"A diagram of the mine can be found here. Currently the miners are unaware of the possible three to four month stay underground."Seems sort of rude to withhold information like that. Personally, if I was stuck in a hole, I'd like to know just how long the people trying to get me out thought the process was going to take.[/citation]

arthur92710

Distinguished
Feb 6, 2008
[citation][nom]ch33ky[/nom]Are thenew psp's capable of wifi 2300 feetdown? [/citation]

PSP even at 23ft the wifi is slow on a psp. They could play adhoc.

arthur92710

Distinguished
Feb 6, 2008
[citation][nom]Yuka[/nom]You know guys... Sad thing is... Those miners won't know how to even turn the PSPs on. 'Cause, you see... Chilean miners aren't the most "tech work force" out there at all.Anyway, good thing they're trying at least to ease their boredom and anxiousness while the real rescue happens.Cheers!PS: I'm a chilean BTW, so don't think I'm trolling the miners, please xD![/citation]

I guess its an experiment, give them a psp and internet connection. See how long it will take them to find out(by getting online) how long they will be trapped. It might be easier if they found out for them self's.

matchboxmatt

Distinguished
Mar 19, 2009
If you told a group of 33 men that were confined in dark, hot, humid conditions without something has basic as a toilet that they were going to be stuck there without the slightest vision of day or any remote sense of time for 3 to 4 months, imagine how well that would go down.

I'd rather be considered "rude" than be the one who'd risk having the survivors kill each other over depression and anxiety.

Prince_Porter

Distinguished
Mar 7, 2009
That's a pretty horrible situation, but I have confidence that it'll all end well, and sooner than anticipated. I think they should slide them down some extra food and sleeping pills; let them sleep the days away.

godnodog

Distinguished
Sep 1, 2009
[citation][nom]NeeKo[/nom]All the comments making fun of this situation are just horrible, it just tells me that this place is full of kiddos that live inside a bubble.[/citation]

You´re right... but I can´t resist, they should have been given something that allowed them to tweet:

-Stuck in a mine
(5minuts later)
-still stuck in a mine, stay tuned for developments

Hope you can all leave safe and helthy as fast as possible

nxym

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2009
HEY EVERYBODY. IM GOING TO CHILE AND JUMP IN TO THE MINE. ITS BETTER LUXURIOUS THAN IM LIVING NOW. DONT MIND HOW I GET IN!

G

They are brazilians trapped in a Chilean cave. And i'm pretty sure that they need more than a PSP right now

JohnA

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2010
Cat5 can't go 2300ft, so they run fiber. Plenty of bandwidth so they can have TV, movies, and internet access off a small diameter feed. I'd be more concerned about sanitation over that long a period. Guess they are dropping lime down the hole, too.

xpgamer

Distinguished
Aug 19, 2010
[citation][nom]JohnA[/nom]Cat5 can't go 2300ft, so they run fiber. Plenty of bandwidth so they can have TV, movies, and internet access off a small diameter feed. I'd be more concerned about sanitation over that long a period. Guess they are dropping lime down the hole, too.[/citation]

I guess it pays to be a miner these days if they are treated so well. If you are trapped in a mine at least you get free food. Heck the food they get is a lot better then the one cup of ramen I eat per day. Maybe I should become a miner, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.