Travelers Choose WiFi Over Food on Planes

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

matt2k

Distinguished
May 4, 2007
I fly regularly on 2 hour flights within the eu, so a power outlet for my laptop (to watch movies) would be great. dont really need wifi, but it would be a bonus.
of course i can live without all that IF THEY JUST GAVE ME EXTRA LEGROOM!
being tall is definitely a disadvantage at cruising altitude in a small plane.
oh and lufthansa and swiss air food is generally ok. the beer selection sucks though.

G

Fun to see that many posts about food on Tom's guide :)

If you get a chance, fly on Emirates Airline and you'll taste some excellent dishes accompanied by great wines :)

maaksel

Distinguished
Feb 15, 2009
BYOF... If they lowest the cost of fairs by getting rid of the whole 'beverage with your uncomfortable seat sir?' thing, I would be all for it.

Think about it, less people to server, means less flight personel needed... less personal should mean cheaper seats. Cheaper seats means more people flying. More people flying means more people are spending money going on vacations, business, etc. More trips means more economic stimulation.

Look at that, the airlines can solves all our problems by simply getting rid of their crappy food and drinks... if only the American(world) consumer was smart enough to bring their own food... then pay the 3.50 for a bottle of water at the airport...

Or maybe a CRAZY idea - give a bottle of water to everyone before they board!

G

food and power. I hate sitting in a plane with 120 laptops pressing in to get a signal. Not to mention all the radiation going through me.
Powersockets are more interesting, for they allow me to bring my own DVD player/laptop to watch a movie/play a game.

Internet in the end will be abused anyways, having customers running bittorrent clients on the wifi, grabbing near to all connectivity for themselves, while it takes over 30 seconds to load a searchpage in google for the other customers.
On the other hand if the wifi is free, it's another thing...
In airport terminals you still need to pay for wifi. If I need to pay for it in flight too, then definitely give me food over wifi.

maaksel

Distinguished
Feb 15, 2009
bandwidth limiting sir. Many routers support it - I'm sure they could figure out how to put it on the plane =)

[citation][nom]ProDigit80[/nom]food and power. I hate sitting in a plane with 120 laptops pressing in to get a signal. Not to mention all the radiation going through me.Powersockets are more interesting, for they allow me to bring my own DVD player/laptop to watch a movie/play a game.Internet in the end will be abused anyways, having customers running bittorrent clients on the wifi, grabbing near to all connectivity for themselves, while it takes over 30 seconds to load a searchpage in google for the other customers.On the other hand if the wifi is free, it's another thing...In airport terminals you still need to pay for wifi. If I need to pay for it in flight too, then definitely give me food over wifi.[/citation]

G

Being 6'4", The only thing I can ever complain about in an aeroplane is the lack of leg room. I gave up touching the laptop years ago, and food I have always tucked away in my bag somewhere. I find it nice to just sit, sleep, and read for a while as opposed to the normal rush of life. Not much to do in the air, WiFi, as amusing as it sounds, would be a nuisance, people would expect me to be in even better contact than on ground because there's nothing else to do... Give me leg room, and I'll be your passenger for ever!

mikecs

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2009
I'm 6'5" so legroom comes first. If I wasn't so tall though I would vote for 1. outlets 2. wifi 3. more room

Status
Not open for further replies.