Trial Begins Of Iranian Man Accused Of Using U.S. Nuclear Plant Info in Tehran

Status
Not open for further replies.

Christopher1

Distinguished
Aug 29, 2006
Two years in prison for just showing your relatives what you work on? Something has gone SERIOUSLY wrong in this country. And judging by how much software is available online illegally.... I am sure that Iran could have gotten this software in numerous other ways, if they really wished to.

sandmanwn

Distinguished
Dec 1, 2006
The first problem is the guy resigned and his access wasn't restricted at every point of entry instead of just the obvious ones. Negligence on the technical staffs part of both the nuclear site and the vendors site for not communicating to each other better.

The second problem is why does this site even allow access to anyone living in Iran or any other hostile government? All IP addresses from Iran should be blocked to begin with. This is again poor decisions on the technical staff that run the site where the codecs were downloaded.

Third, this guy new better obviously. Showing designs of anything inside a nuclear facility is just dumb and unfortunately under the law ignorance isn't an excuse for stupid behavior.

lopopo

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2008
[citation][nom]Christopher1[/nom]Two years in prison for just showing your relatives what you work on? Something has gone SERIOUSLY wrong in this country. And judging by how much software is available online illegally.... I am sure that Iran could have gotten this software in numerous other ways, if they really wished to.[/citation]

True Iran could have gotten this information some other way. That being said all persons in all fields where they are considerd professionals have to consider ethical implications of their actions(especially an engineer). I agree with you but.. I think other responsible goverments would have done the same times baeing what they are.

lopopo

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2008
[citation][nom]Christopher1[/nom]Two years in prison for just showing your relatives what you work on? Something has gone SERIOUSLY wrong in this country. And judging by how much software is available online illegally.... I am sure that Iran could have gotten this software in numerous other ways, if they really wished to.[/citation]

True Iran could have gotten this information some other way. That being said all persons in all fields where they are considerd professionals have to consider ethical implications of their actions(especially an engineer). I agree with you but.. I think other responsible goverments would have done the same times baeing what they are.

Status
Not open for further replies.