Trillian on Android Market, PlayStation App Soon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darkk

Distinguished
Oct 6, 2003
I personally like Trillian and it's the best IM out there. Although to get the advanced features have to pay for the pro version which isn't big of a deal. It helps the company from hitting us with ADs.

Darkk

eccentric909

Distinguished
Oct 4, 2006
According to Sony, this app won't allow users to play Sony-sanctioned games but instead will be a PlayStation Network "companion,' allowing users to monitor their trophies, see who's playing online, receive PlayStation news and more.

What a letdown.:( My WebOS phone already has apps to track PS trophies/XBL Achievements, so I would imagine Android/iOS have similar apps as well. While it might not show who's playing online, does that really matter if you can't play games or interact with them?

I was hoping for gaming (as this could have made me go out and upgrade my phone much faster) and instead all that is coming currently is a status tracker. Blech. Hopefully the actual game playing isn't too far down the road.

hellwig

Distinguished
May 29, 2008
Although similar clients are on the Market for free, Trillian for Android's biggest selling point is that it will actually synchronize your data with the desktop version.
I'm not sure how this is different, but if you create a Meebo account, Meebo will synchronize the accounts you associate with your Meebo account. I only use Meebo on my phone so this isn't really a selling point for me, but I don't know how Trillian does something different, and I'm not paying $5 to find out.

Status
Not open for further replies.