Solved! Trouble connecting Yamaha YAS 209 soundbar to wifi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 1, 2020
Somehow my Yamaha YAS 209 soundbar disconnected from the wifi and can't connect it again. Already reinstalled the app and did a reset on the soundbar... nothing! The app can't find the soundbar. Can anyone help?

Last edited:
Solution
Its a finnicky annoying soundbar and the instructions that Yamaha provide are as good as useless. I had the same issue. I pulled the power out for 15 seconds, waited for it to boot up and then put fingers on volume increase and power buttons for 15 seconds - this cleared the buffer or whatever. I was then able to see the soundbar in the app and reinstall. Really unimpressed with Yamaha’s user interface. I only bought this system because whathifi recommended.
Jun 13, 2020
Ha ! Had same problem. Solution is very easy. Disconnect your yamaha power cable from power socket. Wait a minute . Connect again, open the app . Should working :)

Aug 9, 2020
Hi Guys, having the same issue but it is actually that i have got a new router from Sky.

The wifi icon is flashing on the sound bar but when i go through the setup on my iphone it just says "No sound bar found".

tried the on off thing,

any luck

Aug 18, 2020
Its a finnicky annoying soundbar and the instructions that Yamaha provide are as good as useless. I had the same issue. I pulled the power out for 15 seconds, waited for it to boot up and then put fingers on volume increase and power buttons for 15 seconds - this cleared the buffer or whatever. I was then able to see the soundbar in the app and reinstall. Really unimpressed with Yamaha’s user interface. I only bought this system because whathifi recommended.

Reactions: WIZLINKS
Solution
Oct 30, 2020
I don't know how you found that but it worked. Thank you for posting that as I had the same issue when I changed broadband provider.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nov 21, 2020

OMG, you are a saint. I just picked one of these up and was having the same problem and this solution worked perfectly. I had my return email already written up but found this just before I sent. Thank you very very much!

Status
Not open for further replies.