Trouble finding a replacement battery for my Alienware laptop?

Garlicknottz

Estimable
May 14, 2015
Hello everyone, thank you for taking the time to help me.

I am having trouble finding a replacement battery for my Alienware 14 laptop, does any one happen to have a link to where I can buy the correct battery? I did find one site that had a battery labeled as a Alienware 14 battery replacement, but it seemed pretty large and wasn't sure if it was the correct battery, also it was $190... is that a normal price for a replacement battery? That seems way to expensive, since the laptop itself was only $1000, I find it hard to believe that the battery is a fifth of the cost of the laptop.

Hopefully the new one lasts longer than this one haha...
(maybe I shouldn't keep my laptop plugged in for days at a time)

Well anyways, thanks for helping my in advance, all tips and advice are very much appreciated! :)

A real OEM battery can be pretty pricy but it also depends on where you buy it. A real Lenovo battery directly from Lenovo for a T430 is 140, you can get the same new battery for under $80 in other places like ebay and amazon.

If you go and buy the parts needed to make a laptop, from spare parts you buy one at a time, it will cost a lot more than a new laptop built and in the box for you, a battery that costs a large % of a new system is not too surprising.