Trouble with battery capacity

Status
Not open for further replies.

cjn

Honorable
Sep 18, 2013
I'm having to change the batteries every 50 pictures. Tried cleaning out battery canal with 3M cleaner to no avail.

Solution
Some cameras are just very hard on batteries(it almost seemed like my old Kodak back in the day got worse, but I think by rechargeable batteries had been used for too long).

You may try turning off the screen if you have a view finder as this can extend battery life.

Lithium batteries may be another option for you.

nukemaster

Distinguished
Some cameras are just very hard on batteries(it almost seemed like my old Kodak back in the day got worse, but I think by rechargeable batteries had been used for too long).

You may try turning off the screen if you have a view finder as this can extend battery life.

Lithium batteries may be another option for you.

Solution

Pinhedd

Distinguished

Flashes are extremely hard on batteries, so they will naturally drain them quite quickly. Alkaline and Nickel-Cadmium batteries aren't the best suited batteries for this job, and rechargeable variants will lose their capacity quite quickly compared to lithium based batteries.

There are AA/AAA batteries designed specifically for digital cameras, get your hands on those.

Status
Not open for further replies.