Trouble with my Toshiba Satellite L-15 B1330 with Windows 10

tiffahni

Prominent
Jan 22, 2018
I was having problems with my laptop previously having a blue screen error message. I think it was a device driver, which I thought I fixed by reinstalling the faulty driver. After a week the laptop would freeze when I woke it up from sleep mode to where I would have to restart it.
I tried to fix this by going into safe mode but realized my computer was not connecting to wifi. I plugged it into the internet through my modem and it still would not connect. I turned it off to mess with it later.
Now it turns on and shows my login page but there is no place for me to log in.
I tried restarting it in safe mode again several times by holding shift and restarting it but it will not go into safe mode. I tried pushing the reset hole but nothing is working. NOW WHAT?!

Test with one RAM stick at a time or different RAM if you have only one stick. What do you see at the login page? Is your user account showing?

You don't hole in Shift to go into safe mode, you hit F8. See if that works. You may need to do a reset of Windows, there several options there, including one that leaves all of yours files are alone.

tiffahni

Prominent
Jan 22, 2018

I don't have any RAM sticks in it that I know of. Also I have tried F8 that doesn't work. Holding the Shift key while it powered down did work for me once.
On the login in page I only see my background with 3 icons on the bottom right. The power button, ease of access and Internet icon with a red x on it.

tiffahni

Prominent
Jan 22, 2018
Nothing happened when I double clicked on the screen. Thanks for your help but I gave up and took it to the local computer guy. He was able to put it into safe mode and is doing a factory reset. Hopefully that fixes the problem.