Solved! Troubleshooter Won't Let Me Open It

Alden66

Great
Jan 29, 2020
I was using the find and fix other problems Bluetooth devices in troubleshooting on windows ten this morning, and everything was great. Then this afternoon, when I tried to use it again, it wouldn't let me and gave me an error that said c:\WINDOWS\system\msdt.exe Windows can't access the specific device, path, on file. You may not have the appropriate permission to access the item. And like I said, I had just used it this morning but now nothing. So if anyone knows anything about it, please let me know because I could sure use it. Thanks for your time and patience in this matter.

Solution
That is what we are all here for.

Sadly turning off computers and/or regularly rebooting them seems to be something people just don't think of anymore. But you should really do it regularly. Not only to resolve such problems, but also leaving them on all the time leaves you short on resources. Just closing a program or window doesn't actually give you access to the resources it was using, at least not all of them. Not until the computer is shut down and restarted. With how fast they start now, there is really no reason to leave them on unless running a long download or some program that takes forever to run.

Alden66

Great
Jan 29, 2020
Did you try rebooting (powering off and back on) the laptop? Sometimes that is all you need.
Okay, I did try it "after," you told me and Lord and behold it works again. I guess I'll have to start shutting my computer down at night and also whenever I have an issue with it. Well, thanks for the solution and your time as well...

That is what we are all here for.

Sadly turning off computers and/or regularly rebooting them seems to be something people just don't think of anymore. But you should really do it regularly. Not only to resolve such problems, but also leaving them on all the time leaves you short on resources. Just closing a program or window doesn't actually give you access to the resources it was using, at least not all of them. Not until the computer is shut down and restarted. With how fast they start now, there is really no reason to leave them on unless running a long download or some program that takes forever to run.

Solution