Try on Dummy Google Glass for $50

Status
Not open for further replies.

pills161

Honorable
Nov 11, 2013
So try on a pair of smart glasses, without the smart. How does this really help someone determine if they'd want to buy a pair?
I don't think it's intended to actually try out the hardware, but to see how high your own sense of personal smugness increases when you have a chance to wear it around your friends/family/public. "Hey look at me guys, I'm important! I need technology right in my eye to distract me from everything else that is going on. BUY! BUY! SELL! SELL!, I'm important!"

MrGulio

Estimable
Apr 17, 2014
So try on a pair of smart glasses, without the smart. How does this really help someone determine if they'd want to buy a pair?

It lets you see just how much of a tool you look like when you wear them.

pills161

Honorable
Nov 11, 2013
And btw, what's to stop a scammer piece of trash from sacrificing his $50 deposit to sell these dummy models on ebay and local classifieds for big profit? I can see it now, an ebay auction "Google Glass for $400!" with tiny hard to read print at the bottom "display model does not function" haha.

ddpruitt

Honorable
Jun 4, 2012
"I can't afford your products but I want to look cool, can just get some white earbuds?"
"We have those too, they're called iPhonies.... and they're forty nine dollars"
-- Simpsons Mypods and broomsticks

It's scary how often real life imitates the Simpsons

3ogdy

Distinguished
Jul 13, 2009
"I can't afford your products but I want to look cool, can just get some white earbuds?"
"We have those too, they're called iPhonies.... and they're forty nine dollars"
-- Simpsons Mypods and broomsticks
It's scary how often real life imitates the Simpsons

It's the other way round....The Simpsons imitate real-life situations - if the perspective is right, even the dumbest people on Earth would get the message.

Regarding the girl in the first picture....I think it's a bit hard to look any uglier than the way she looks with those disgusting, dreadful, bs-looking glasses. Is it "fashionable" taking the worst from the past and trying to look "old-school"? Unfortunately, it is.

It's interesting how people can't just take the good and good-looking stuff from the past
and call it "old-school", but they excel at making themselves uglier and dumber with the least desirable things.

Apr 18, 2014
"You wouldn't spend $1,500 on a suit without trying it on, or buy a car without taking it for a test drive. "

And I sure as hell wouldn't put down a $50 deposit to try on a nonfunctional pair of Google Geek Glasses.

TauPau

Estimable
Apr 18, 2014
Who ever was stupid enough at Google to approve this program is not going to be around long. First and foremost Google is suppose to be on the cutting edge technology and showcasing it's innovations. Like stormweaver1983 said, what is the purpose of smart glasses without the smartness. To me this program makes absolutely no sense except again as another commentator noted about scammers trying to resell non functioning glasses. I can see all kinds of scam scenarios - be wary of future listing on ebay or CL about broken, water damaged, and non-functioning glasses they can't verified if they work prior to purchase. So if I were to pay $50.00 I would get four non functioning glasses I could sell online as broken glasses "as is" for let just say $200.00 each, I just made a quick $750.00.

BranFlake5

Honorable
Jul 9, 2013
I don't see why everyone absolutely hates this idea. I for one would actually like to know how the heck I'm going to look in these. If I bought them and look really stupid.... There's 1500 down the drain.

Also, about the scam thing: Who goes on Ebay thinking it's perfectly honest?

Status
Not open for further replies.