Solved! Trying to connect laptop to tv via hdmi to usb converter.

Sep 11, 2021
I'm trying to display my microsoft surface go 12 to my lg tv via an hdmi to usb converter. I downloaded the driver, and my tv is showing that something is hooked up to one of my hdmi inputs, but when I go to the proper hdmi display, it says there is no signal for the current input and doesn't display anything. What am I doing wrong?

Solution
I'm trying to display my microsoft surface go 12 to my lg tv via an hdmi to usb converter. I downloaded the driver, and my tv is showing that something is hooked up to one of my hdmi inputs, but when I go to the proper hdmi display, it says there is no signal for the current input and doesn't display anything. What am I doing wrong?

I am guessing you mean USB to HDMI which is a video card not a converter really. What exactly are you using? You have the driver for that adapter installed? Did you check in the Surface video settings to make sure dual displays is enabled? Is it the USB C one that Microsoft sells? You can probably use a more generic adapter also like this...

BEAUFORD_SAVAGE

Respectable
Sep 6, 2020
I have all my TV's connected to a computer, but all via HDMI to HDMI.
It depends if your TV is capable of doing more than static pics. Many aren't.
One sure way is If you have a PC Input and PC Laptop Cable... connect it to TV .
Or HDMI out to HDMI in.
Or check out THIS. <<link

I am guessing you mean USB to HDMI which is a video card not a converter really. What exactly are you using? You have the driver for that adapter installed? Did you check in the Surface video settings to make sure dual displays is enabled? Is it the USB C one that Microsoft sells? You can probably use a more generic adapter also like this https://www.bestbuy.com/site/belkin...6joGqyx_eFhkMYUKFCRoC4PEQAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...rojector-35c3aed4-f6c3-2767-d028-2c8ddbd2ee29

Solution