trying to find Inspiron 15 5577 Motherboard partcode

Sami-ster

Prominent
Jun 6, 2017
So i recently saw that dell has a new variant of their inspiron gaming line up.
The Dell Inspiron 15 5000 Model 5577.
And i have a older model witch is the Dell Inspiron 15 7000 Model 7559.
If you place these two laptops together they are indistinguishable from each other.
So i was wondering if its possible to use the motherboard of the 5577 model in mine as the chassis is the exact same.
the only problem is i dont know the partcode of the motherboard to check sellers and such for it.

if anyone that has this laptop can check their motherboard's partcode or someone who knows it please tell me. that would be fantastic.

Lutfij

Splendid
Do both laptops have the same placements for their I/O ports? Do both laptops internals see the same placements for their hardware and cooling solutions? Speaking of which are the vents located at the same positions as each other?

To the naked eye, it seems like they can be swapped but Dell specifically has safe guards to prevent an end user from dropping in other parts to mish mash their existing unit, except for the display. Most often the display's ribbon cable with the pin outs will be universal but outside of that, motherboard's being used on other laptops across other revisions is impossible.

To note, you may also want to stay away from sourcing a board for Dell laptop's, they can cost as much as a brand new laptop(if you add some more to the amount).

Sami-ster

Prominent
Jun 6, 2017

From what i can see and tell. they are All in the exact positions. the exauhsts the io ports and even the manuals when they show how to add ram and stuff they are in the exact same position.

and i understand what you mean but if they are around half the price of a brand new one then its worth it i say